sábado, 21 de marzo de 2015

My dear Buenos Aires

First of all, I'm gonna introduce myself: I'm Silvio Llorens, aged 26, and I'm from Buenos Aires, Argentina. Yeah, I'm a porteño from my first day of life. Then, why am I writting in English? Because I like it better, just that. First question: What is it all about? On this blog you'll find all the things I like best and least about living in Buenos Aires, my points of view, my thoughts. Second question: How often will the entries take place? As often as I feel the need. Third and last question: Why this topic? I think I have a lot of things to say about the city where I live. Its pros and cons, its good and bad days, its weather, its people, its "rules"... Okay. After introducing my main ideas to you, let's get started: Living in Buenos Aires can be really tough for somebody who isn't used to it. I don't mean people staying for a short period of time like 1 or 2 months, but longer. And I can say that just by thinking of myself in situations such as being robbed right after having left home or having to wait half an hour to get a bus at midnight. Nevertheless, living in Buenos Aires can be a really good experience too: night outs are longer than in other countries, parties are really fun and since you are used to the far-reaching bad mood and even moody people, when you find a smile on a person who is working, let's say, as a seller (which is clearly not the funniest job), you feel amazed! Sometimes people can surprise you! To sum up, most of the time, I complain about Argentines' behaviour, and that's a good reason to begin to write this blog. In this way I can avoid annoying the people I'm surrounded by.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario