martes, 31 de marzo de 2015

Let's get serious for a moment

Today, Buenos Aires was hit by transport strike, a measure that is becoming more and more frequent as time goes by. I'm not fully informed to express an opinion about this situation and I don't care, because if I were, nobody would care what I think, in fact, nobody cares about other people's opinions. Everyone has their only truths, and nobody wants to hear others' opinions. That's the way the porteños think. There are always so many people in the middle of this confrontation between the government and some unions and nearly always they are affected because they can't arrived at their workplaces. To be honest, I have mixed feelings about this: something, that I'm not completely sure what it is, annoys me. Maybe it's the egoism, the dissembled violence behind these acts or the media trying to make us believe that the Argentines are very devoted to work. Let's not lie to ourselves anymore. NOBODY LIKES TO WORK!!! I hate working and I'm not afraid to admit it. What are the pros of working? Er...nope, there's no bright side to look on about working. Oh yep! The salary. Well, in fact, that's necessary to eat. But if you didn't need your salary, you would certainly not work. What's the point of wasting such quantity of hours a day doing something completely repetitive, boring and useless for your life? I think that I have clearer the part I like about transport strikes, though I'm missing the point of this entry.
Coming back to the first point, this strike is generating transport chaos at some places of the city, as if more chaos were necessary. Gov't telling lies, the opposition telling lies, people distrusting both parts, making them be divided by something nobody understands...it's pathetic and sad. Nothing is gonna change until this presidential term is over.
To give a humble conclusion, it seems that our only "solution" is still waiting and praying for something better. This is something that clearly can't satisfy anyone.
It's probably a sad conclusion, and I wouldn't like to leave this entry in such an awful way, but I'm running out of ideas and I can't see how to cheer ourselves up.

2 comentarios:

  1. This giant necessary change that you're talking about, could be a reality if only all of us collaborate, bringing out the best of ourselfs....changing our attitudes, trying to put ourselfs in another's shoes instead of complaining about how other people don't do this. I agree with you in almost everything,except for the "waiting and praying" thing...
    I know, I'm being too idealistic. I know, I can't expect this effort from EVErYBODY....But I don't want to be the kind of person who doesn't try....even if I can't see the result.
    Nevertheless, I admit it's really hard sometimes...jeje

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I had already commented but, since I wasn't logged in, I have to write it again...¬¬
    I agree to some extent with what you commented, but I think that, after seeing so many years things getting and getting worse, this needs some really different to start getting better. If I had the possibility of doing something that could make a great difference, I'd definitely do it. Mostly because I'm so fucking sick of living this way...

    ResponderEliminar