lunes, 27 de abril de 2015

Every working day I'm on the run

Let me tell you that living in Buenos Aires is more or less like this (now I'll describe a random working-day morning of mine): firstly, the alarm goes off early (let's say 7 o'clock, which is pretty early to me), secondly I have my first (and useless) attempt to get up. Then, my second attempt at it, and I succeed. However, it happens at 7.20. Anyway... then, I get dressed and start making my breakfast and serving some food to my cat, all that in very few minutes because I'm really not interested either in having my breakfast in 3 minutes or in eating on the bus. Finally, what happens is that, most of the times, I do eat something on the bus. And I hate it.
Okay. At this point, I'm ready to go out. This is not over yet. Now, we still have the adorable commuting...there are only two buses that leave me near my workplace: 152 and 68. 152 leaves me only 2 blocks away, whereas 68 leaves me almost 5 blocks away. Nevertheless, 68 is much more frequent than 152. Do you think it's a good experience? I think you know it's not. The bus I take (whichever it is), like all of them, is completely crowded, so everyone has to occupy a very small space, accept the shoves without saying anything and, in spite of all the efforts, you still get to work late...I can't blame the traffic, I know I should wake up even earlier (which would make me feel as if I were a zombie), or maybe do all what I mentioned before faster. Anyway, I'm not worried about this, because we, the Argentines, are very famous for being always on the run and staying up really late. So, considering that, I'm just like everyone else. That's the system. That's Buenos Aires way of life.

2 comentarios:

  1. Hey Mr llorens!
    i wonder why dont u use a bicycle or a skate to move..
    also its very very interesting that those Argentinian buses go crowd! so you can rub and squeeze babes all around ha ha ha . btw, pls add some pics so we can check Argentinian "meat"

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hi Nick. I'm going to add some pics soon. Keep in mind that it's not easy to take photos in such a difficult position haha! I don't have those kinds of bad habits of rubbing or squeezing, but if you were here, I guess you could do it without any difficulty =P

    ResponderEliminar